KELOWNA – Kelowna, Lake Country, West Kelowna, and Central Okanagan will be receiving Strategic Community Investment Fund (SCIF) grants. Funds come from the Traffic Fine Revenue Sharing program (TFRS) and Small Community and Regional District Grants (SCG).
- Kelowna – $1,206,093 (TFRS)
- Lake Country – $359,737 ($285,596 SGC, $74,141 TFRS)
- West Kelowna – $68,732 (TFRS)
- Central Okanagan – $102,040 (SCG)
“The traffic fine revenue program allows Kelowna to develop or continue crime prevention programs and policing services which may need a boost in funding.”
– Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson
“The RCMP officers throughout the Central Okanagan do a tremendous job and provide an outstanding service. This funding will go towards crime prevention programs and help them with their work keeping streets safe.”
– Westside-Kelowna MLA Ben Stewart
- The Small Community and Regional District Grant allocation is based on population and assessment.
- Traffic Fine Revenue Sharing program funds come from fines on violation tickets.
- Learn more about B.C. local governments: http://www.cscd.gov.bc.ca/lgd/