KELOWNA – Canadian Red Cross Society – BC Southern Interior Region is receiving Community Gaming Grants from the B.C. government worth a total of $100,000. This funding will support their Disaster Management Program and Health Equipment Loan Program.
“Earlier this week, MLAs Thomson, Letnick, and I had the opportunity to meet with Canadian Red Cross representatives to see firsthand how the Disaster Management Program and Health Equipment Loan Program work. I was very impressed by the dedicated people and I’m very glad we could provide this financial support.”
– Ben Stewart, MLA for Westside-Kelowna
“The Canadian Red Cross is an iconic organization that provides vital lifesaving services around the world. I am pleased that we can offer this funding, so they can continue the important work that they do in our community.”
– Steve Thomsom, MLA for Kelowna-Mission
- Community Gaming Grants allow non-profit organizations to apply for provincial gaming revenues.
- Last fiscal year, in 2011/12, our government distributed a total of $135 million in gaming grants for eligible community programs and services.
- More than 5,300 community groups benefited from funding during 2011/12.
For more information:
- Full application information is available online at: http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/gaming/.