For more information on the Okanagan Valley Corridor CLICK HERE
Consensus among those First Nations and local governments that participated in the Okanagan Valley Transportation Symposium process was achieved with respect to identifying a long‐range vision and strategic priorities for transportation in the Okanagan Valley.
The long‐range vision for the Okanagan Valley transportation system will:
- Be a safe, functional and efficient network;
- Include fully accessible public and active transportation options within and between communities;
- Be a coordinated approach to multi‐modal and sustainable transportation;
- Protect and preserve rail and other rights of way for the future; and
- Plan network improvements, assisting in community revitalization and provision of alternate routes.
The top five strategic priorities for transportation in the Okanagan Valley include:
1. Intersection safety and congestion; passing opportunities & alignment improvements
2. Intra & inter‐city transit; active transportation
3. A coordinated regional approach to multi‐modal & sustainable transportation planning
4. Protect rail rights‐of‐ways; goods movement;
5. Network improvements